One of our eTeachers shares the experience in the video below. Points I took out of it?
- You need to be keen and interested
- The practice of teaching online can be beneficial to your face to face teaching
- You are likely to get some fairly motivated, bright sparks (although they won’t all necessarily be like this!)
- There needs to be an online space for students which acts as a hub for the course (although the many ways this can be used and its importance to develop student interaction not really mentioned)
- You must be organised (you can’t wing this)
- Effective communication is very important (including eDeans)
- A big thank you to Justin for doing this in such an accessible manner.